They could take some notes from Johnny Carson.

Posted by Gatersaw | 9/16/2008 11:34:00 AM | 0 comments »

Johnny Carson was immensely respected by his guests for his wit and fairness. His fans included any good hearted soul that viewed him in his 41 year television career. You would think someone that left such a legacy would have more emulators. George Clooney and Barbara Streisand fall near the polar opposite of Johnny Carson’s entertainment professionalism. Mr. Carson stated in an interview that his job was to entertain his fans, and that meant staying far away from political punditry. It seems the new breed would rather consider themselves weekend politicians from their perch in Hollywood. I suppose they think of themselves as invincible. If I were them; I would as well, after seeing Jane Fonda in movies again. Considering the other side of the coin we see certain politicians flying to Hollywood to rub elbows with their drooling, pseudo intellectual counterparts.

Perhaps I’m a rare person. I believe in a little bit of loyalty and patriotism.

Turning the focus of the camera on the populous; where the hell did everyone’s common sense run off to? Why were women so enthralled in voting for the Democratic nominee? What did he offer them that made them mindlessly follow his speeches? In a fence jumping race no less exciting than the equestrian version; McCain selected a female running mate that identifies with most of the level headed women in our country. I hate to say this; but the fact there was a fence jumping avalanche at all proves there was little level mindedness to begin with. I suppose since I’m 6’7” that I’ll just vote for the tallest candidate. Too bad Ron Paul wasn’t 7 feet tall!

I have to take a break at this point because it sounds like I’m a political pundit. I’m registered independent for all those so concerned. The difference between me and the few frustrated readers at this point would be my unbiased, common sensical understanding of the matters at hand. I’m sure the majority are nodding their heads in agreement while also nursing a headache after listening to mindless political dribble from the ubiquitous MTV’ers that soak up so much of our television waves. Speaking of MTV’ers; did anyone catch the first 10 minutes of the MTV VMA’s? This must have been the most politicized VMA’s on record and rightly so it procured the worst ratings in its history. How did the network of ill repute rebuke the facts? They blamed it on Britney Spears! If memory serves; the last time Britney messed up it increased viewership immensely. To quote Bugs Bunny, “What a maroon! What an ignoranimus! Ah hahaha!”

 

0 comments

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Archives

Contact Us

Add to Technorati Favorites